- Offering delightful walking through the Aeron Valley, Ceredigion, before heading up towards the rural town of Tregaron and onto the ruins of the 12th Century Cistercian Monastery at Strata Florida.
- Our route is incredibly varied from woodland to moorland, river side to farmland.
- Mileage is 11 miles / 12 miles / 7 miles over the 3 days.
- Accommodation is simple dormitory hostel style or local inn / b&b.
- Most food included (just one pub supper and picnic lunch not included).
DAY 01 – 11 miles / 18 kms: Met this morning in Lampeter for the transfer to Llanerchaeron. This beautiful walk starts in the picturesque Aeron Valley at the National Trust property of Llanerchaeron from where we walk initially above the River Aeron and then beside it through fields to reach Talsarn. A short while after Talsarn, our route rises through farms and fields to reach our overnight accommodation at Denmark Farm (or similar).
DAY 02 – 12 miles / 19 kms: After a hearty breakfast, we head for Long Wood Community Woodland from where we will turn north east towards Llanddewi Brefi. Much of our route this morning except, for the forest paths, is on quiet country roads. After a lunch stop we continue towards Tregaron via quiet roads, farm tracks and across farm and moor land. At Tregaron we make our way to a local hostelry or b&b for overnight accommodation.
DAY 03 – 7 miles / 11 kms: Another sustaining Welsh breakfast before we continue our journey onto Strata Florida. We have a choice of routes depending on factors such as the makeup of our group, weather, etc; one route goes higher past abandoned farms and over moorland; the other routes go via the wetland nature reserve of Cors Caron. We arrive in plenty of time for an exploration of the remains of the 12th Century Cistercian Monastery at Strata Florida. Afternoon transfer back to Lampeter.
- Services of a qualified Lowland Walk Leader Guide and outdoor First Aider
- Transport from Lampeter back to Lampeter and to and from walk start and end points each day
- Overnight accommodation in dormitory style accommodation including bedding and towels and twin rooms.
- Breakfast on day 2 & 3; Lunch on day 2; Dinner on day 1 (all other meals on own account as local services are available)
- CADW entrance fees to Strata Florida
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, tips etc
- Luggage transfers (please ask for details)
- Single supplement (please ask for details)
- Travel insurance
- Transport should you need to skip a stage
PRICES AND DEPARTURES
Walk like a Pilgrim
3 Days / 30 Miles (48 Kms)
Departures: 04 – 06 May 2020 | 01 – 03 Jul 2020 | 14 – 16 Sep 2020
All Departures: £295.00 pp
Single supplement: On request
Luggage Transfer Supplement: £15.00
Please use the buttons below to get in touch for more information or make a booking via our online form. To avoid disappointment, please check availability before making a booking.
The tour departs from Lampeter at 9am so you will need to stay the previous night in the area. Please ask us if you would like some guidance on this.
The walk ends at Strata Florida and we will then transfer you back to Lampeter to arrive around 5pm so you might want to consider staying in Lampeter for the night.
GETTING TO LAMPETER
- Train + Bus – There is no train station in Lampeter. Nearest stations are Aberystwyth and Carmarthen and from both of these you can take the T1 First Cymru bus service to Lampeter (hourly from 7am – 8pm but only 4 buses on Sundays – timetables here). The journey takes just over an hour from either station. Private pick ups can be arranged if you prefer. Get in touch for a quote.
- Megabus – There is a daily Megabus service from London to Lampeter which also calls at Cardiff and Swansea (timetables here).
- Car – There is parking available in and around Lampeter or your hotel/b&b may be able to look after your vehicle while you are on the walk. Please contact us for any further information on this.
In the planning stages:
- One day pilgrimages
- North Wales
- Tintern Abbey
- Religious Pilgrimages
Further details will be posted here soon.
Your Own Private Pilgrimage
At Guided Pilgrimage, we are happy to design a guided walk (multi-day or single day) around a destination of your choice. Just let us know your group size, preferred destination (or we can help you choose a suitable one) and walk duration and we will be happy to put something together for you.
This might be particularly suitable for someone who wants their own private experience or a spiritual leader / personal development coach or facilitator who wants to explore more with a group in the outdoors but does not have the required qualifications / insurance to do so. With us looking after the walk and living arrangements on the trip, the leader is able to concentrate on the rest of the content.
We can also include speakers or demonstrations from craftsmen/women en route from many walks of life to enable you to offer something uniquely different to your group. Do get in touch if this is of interest.