- Offering delightful walking through the Aeron Valley, Ceredigion, before heading up towards the rural town of Tregaron and onto the ruins of the 12th Century Cistercian Monastery at Strata Florida.
- Our route is incredibly varied from woodland to moorland, river side to farmland.
- Mileage is 11 miles / 11 miles / 7 miles over the 3 days.
- Accommodation is simple dormitory hostel style or local inn / b&b.
- Most food included (just one pub supper and picnic lunch not included).
DAY 01 – 11 miles / 18 kms: Met this morning in Lampeter for the transfer to Llanerchaeron. This beautiful walk starts in the picturesque Aeron Valley at the National Trust property of Llanerchaeron from where we walk initially above the River Aeron and then beside it through fields to reach Talsarn. A short while after Talsarn, our route rises through farms and fields to reach our overnight accommodation at Denmark Farm (or similar).
DAY 02 – 11 miles / 18 kms: After a hearty breakfast, we head for Long Wood Community Woodland from where we will turn north east towards Llanddewi Brefi. Much of our route this morning except, for the forest paths, is on quiet country roads. After a lunch stop we continue towards Tregaron via quiet roads, farm tracks and across farm and moor land. At Tregaron we make our way to a local hostelry or b&b for overnight accommodation.
DAY 03 – 7 miles / 11 kms: Another sustaining Welsh breakfast before we continue our journey onto Strata Florida. We have a choice of routes depending on factors such as the makeup of our group, weather, etc; one route goes higher past abandoned farms and over moorland; the other routes go via the wetland nature reserve of Cors Caron. We arrive in plenty of time for an exploration of the remains of the 12th Century Cistercian Monastery at Strata Florida. Afternoon transfer back to Lampeter.
- Services of a qualified Lowland Walk Leader Guide and outdoor First Aider
- Transport from Lampeter back to Lampeter and to and from walk start and end points each day
- Overnight accommodation in dormitory style accommodation including bedding and towels and twin rooms.
- Breakfast on day 2 & 3; Lunch on day 2; Dinner on day 1 (all other meals on own account as local services are available)
- CADW entrance fees to Strata Florida
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, tips etc
- Luggage transfers (please ask for details)
- Single supplement (please ask for details)
- Travel insurance
- Transport should you need to skip a stage
PRICES AND DEPARTURES
Aeron Valley to Strata Florida
3 Days / 30 Miles (48 Kms)
Departures: 07-09 July 2019 | 08-10 Sept 2019
All Departures: £240.00 pp
Single supplement: On request
Luggage Transfer Supplement: £15.00
(For every full pilgrimage booked, Guided Pilgrimage will give a donation to the Woodland Trust)
If you wish to book, please complete the contact form using the button below and we will send you a booking form by email or if you have any queries, just email or call us or request a call back.
Request More Info / Book
In the planning stages:
- North Wales
- St Davids
- Tintern Abbey
- Religious Pilgrimages
- Monk's Trod
Further details will be posted here soon.
Your Own Group Pilgrimage
At Guided Pilgrimage, we are more than happy to design a guided walk around a destination of your choice. Just let us know your group size, preferred destination (or we can help you choose a suitable one) and walk duration and we will be happy to put something together for you and then lead your group just as we lead our regular departures. This might be particularly suitable for a spiritual leader or personal development coach or facilitator who wants to explore more with a group in the outdoors but does not have the required qualifications / insurance to do so. With us looking after the walk and living arrangements on the trip, the leader is able to concentrate on the rest of the content (s)he wants to convey to the group.
As a guide price, a half-day walk for a group of up to 12 walkers would cost from £120. Longer durations are available for which the per day cost would be lower. Please ask for a quote.